Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I have a ton this year! Even though we're almost 2 weeks in, there's no reason not to share:

1) Give up coffee and diet soda - I think it would be fair to say I'm a caffeine addict. I decided in October to cut the diet soda but found myself slipping during the holidays. So far, it's been almost a solid 2 weeks without either. I drink tea in the mornings (and I wholeheartedly believe it's the cold and my body wants something warm) and at lunch I drink Seltzer for some fizz. Other than that it's been water water water (with an occasional cocktail thrown in ;) )

2) Run a half marathon - I'm registered for the St Luke's Half in Allentown, PA on May 1st and I'm 2 weeks into training!

3) Read a book a month - I just bought a handful of books by my favorite Irish author Marian Keyes. I read a lot of her stuff when I was abroad in Germany and very much enjoyed it!

4) Just be healthier and happier in general - Baby steps, people, baby steps. ;)

And a shout out to Carla! Someone reads my blog! And this girl kicks ass.

1 comment:

  1. Diet Coke is the bane of my existence. I grew up drinking it and my mom actually let me take them in my lunch box. I made a good go of it last year for lent...but like you, fell off during the holidays. It really is acid water! Have you tried La Crox? They sell it in the section of the grocery store that you buy tonic water and mixers. It's flavored, all natural seltzer water. It's really good; I like the berry flavored the best. Best part is that it is canned, so sometimes I can almost convince myself I'm drinking diet coke :)

    I'm so excited to hear more about your half training!! More power to you for running through the winter in PA!

    Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete