Friday, January 14, 2011

Top Chef: All Stars

I've spent the last few years becoming a foodie. I like good food and nice restaurants and chefs are my rock-stars. Just ask the the friends who were at my 26th birthday dinner at FIG Restaurant in Charleston, SC when I got to meet 2009 James Beard Award Winning Chef Mike Lata. Girlfriend likes her chefs.

So it should come as no surprise that I like Bravo's show Top Chef and this season's All Star competition is so much more addictive because I haven't had to take the time to get to know and like any of the competitors. I have my favorites from past seasons and the people I don't like and have even been blown away to see how some people have evolved.

My two favorites and picks to go to the finals are Carla Hall and Richard Blais. I like both of them because they work hard and to be honest, I've never heard either one say something truly negative about any of their competitors.

Now that I'm training and working 8 hours and commuting an hour each day, I can't really stay up late to watch (I'm so old) but I can catch them online, which I did last night.

I was sorry to see Tiffani go because she seems to be so much nicer compared to who she was on her season. She made a point of acknowledging that fact in her exit interview and I have nothing but the utmost respect for her now.

Jamie, on the other hand, was on her way out from the very beginning, which is a shame because she was one bad-ass chef on her season.

Anyone else out there a Top Chef fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment