Friday, January 21, 2011

Random Thoughts for Friday Night

1) It snowed today, so I worked from home. 12 hours. My back aches from sitting in the same love seat all day. I'm ready for bed.

2) During a break from work this morning, I spoke to the director of my local chapter of Girls on the Run. After a while of doing nothing but working, exercising and blog reading, I decided it was time to give back to the community of which I am a part. I was inspired by Caitlin and will be a running buddy and a member the committee planning a 5k in May.

3) Speaking of running, tomorrow is a 4 mile training run for my half marathon. I need to be at the gym at 7 am when it opens to pound this baby out.

4) After the gym, I'm going to New York and the boyfriend is taking me on a surprise excursion to celebrate my birthday! His surprises have been lovely in the past, so I can't wait to see what's in store for us this weekend.

5) Lastly, if anyone (besides Carla) is reading this, a small request: My 99 year old grandmother fell right after New Year's and the recovery has been rough. Many days she is heavily medicated and many days she is hysterical and no longer wants to live. I hope everyone will keep her in their thoughts. It's a struggle of emotions, but I'd really like to her to be in peace, whichever way that may be.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment